Wow! Just a few short months ago I carved out this little place on the internet, and I’m so happy to have found others who enjoy video games and analyzing them like they are a worthwhile medium (because, you know, they are). I’m flattered at how many people have taken the time to read and comment on the blog, and even more flattered by the ones who like it enough to follow! So, thank you!
The kind Boba over at Boba and Games recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, and I’m so touched that this blog made it onto her list of nominations. Thank you for stopping by, staying, and thinking this blog is lovely!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15)
- Include this set of rules
- Inform your nominees
Seven Things About Myself
- I have two degrees in music (finishing a master’s degree), and play around five instruments reasonably well (a few more if I’m allowed to fake) but my primary instrument (read: first love) is the violin, which I’ve played since I was 6.
(1 1/2. I’ve played at Carnegie Hall 🙂 )
- My “to read” book list is about twice as long as my “to play” game list, which will already take me years to complete at the rate I’m going!! (haha)
- My favorite color is purple.
- I’m very introverted, so if we ever meet in the real world I might not say much at first, but once you get me going I will never shut up.
- I’m a big believer in “play the game how you want to,” so I don’t really have a problem with anyone (including myself) using mods, knocking down the difficulty, or using cheats in order to experience the game in a way that will be enjoyable for you, regardless of whether I would use your particular “game enhancement” or not. At the end of the day, it’s a game. Have fun with it!
- I know how to sail a sailboat, which is a lot of fun.
- As an extension of my penchant for over-analyzing games (and books and movies), I also write fanfiction when I have a chance.
I’m going to try and limit myself to ten, which is very difficult because I really think all of you are great.
- VeryVeryGaming was the first person who followed this blog. He was so very encouraging, and I always look forward to reading his reviews and commentaries on games!
- Some of the most thoughtful and in-depth game reviews I have read have come from Red Metal over at Extra Life. I am always impressed by his knowledge of game history and the attention to detail he has in all of his reviews.
- Likewise, SquareBlind offers some fantastic commentary on games and the industry that are always thought-provoking!
- If you’re looking for no-nonsense thoughts on games or enjoy visual novels, Aether over at Lost to the Aether has you covered!
- Cary over at Recollections of Play offers some of the most down-to-earth comments on games I’ve read, and I always think her blog posts feel like sitting down with a friend to have a chat. She also does Let’s Plays, which are fun to watch 🙂
- I Played the Game offers reviews with a touch of humor, as well as lists of Top 5s and other video game wonderfulness.
- The Shameful Narcissist, over at The Shameful Narcissist Speaks, offers a variety of posts on games, books, and writing, and she is another one of the very encouraging bloggers I’ve met since I started this adventure.
- Astro Adam over at Video Games Nebula offers some of the sweetest, most gentle observations of video games, video game culture, and game enthusiasts I have ever seen. You should read his blog. Seriously. Just go there now.
- LightningEllen is, like most of us, busy Conquering the Gaming Backlog, but is always up for an in-depth chat about games, and her amiibo collection is quite impressive!
- Shelby “Falcon509” Steiner offers all matter of reviews, opinions, and news at the Falcon Reviews Blog with a touch of humor and familiarity that makes each post memorable.
I’m so happy to know you all (and the many others that aren’t listed here, or that I didn’t list because you were nominated by Boba) in this virtual world of ours!
Thank you for stopping by (and for staying!) and I’ll see you soon!
What’s next? You can like and subscribe if you like what you’ve seen!
You can also:
– Support us on Patreon, become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming, and access extra content!
– Say hello on Facebook, Twitter, and even Google+!
– Check out our Let’s Plays if you’re really adventurous!