We’re very honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by The Shameful Narcissist over at The Shameful Narcissist Speaks. Definitely check our her blog if you don’t already follow it, as her variety of posts about books, games, and writing are both in-depth and interesting.
Thank you for the nomination! I’m very flattered and honored 🙂
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring and spread sunshine into the lives of other bloggers and readers. It’s a great honor!
- Thank whoever nominated your blog
- Indulge yourself and answer any questions you feel happy to answer
- Spread that radiance to some other awesome blogs to keep the light shining brightly
- Use these questions or make up your own to ask your nominees
- Tell your nominees that they have been nominated
- Put your preferred award logo on display (I chose this one. You can run a Google search for “Sunshine Blogger Award” and pick your favorite!)
#1. What’s your favorite story of all time? Media doesn’t matter.
My favorite story is actually Beauty and the Beast, especially the more modern versions of it. You know, the ones where Beauty’s sisters aren’t turned into pillars by a sorceress after they kill Beauty in a jealous rage.
Although Disney does have a tendency to “Disney-fy” stories, I do like their telling of it. Two people who don’t really fit into society finding each other and living happily ever after is such a nice, comforting idea. Also, I think many quiet people can relate to the Beast – someone who takes some time to get to know, but is a good person once you get to know them.
Fun fact: Did you know that Belle and the Beast are the only ones who wear blue in the movie? This was a visual representation about how they didn’t fit in with the others around them, but “matched” each other. All together, now: Aww…
#2. What fictional world would you most want to live in and why?
This one is hard. On the one hand I’d love to live in the Harry Potter universe. I read the first few books when I was 12 and “grew up” with Harry and his friends (that is, the books were released as I grew up. Book 7 – when they were finally adults – was released when I was in college and “coming of age” myself), and those book characters were my friends during a time I didn’t have any, so part of me is still drawn to that world.
But I think Narnia would be a better prospect, especially if I could live there in the times between the books when there’s no major conflict going on. Like when the Pevensies were the kings and queens. I think it would be nice to live in a country where all the citizens lived together more-or-less peacefully.
#3. What’s the most beautiful song you know?
“Meditation” from the opera Thaïs (pronounced ta-ees), composed by Jules Massanet (mass-a-NAY).
It’s one of my favorite pieces to play, too.
#4. What is the most ridiculous/obsessive thing you’ve ever done for a fandom/obsession?
…my Dragon Age fanfiction is 911 pages. Other than that, I’ve probably gotten way too invested in certain characters and had many long, late-night conversations with BadgersAndBowties about them.
Bonus: Would you rather have Wednesday off or a three day weekend/four day work week?
Right now, I’d love to have consistent three-day weekends, because then I’d be able to make plans. If you saw my answers for the One Lovely Blog Award, you know I love sailing, so three-day weekends would be great for trips 😉 They’d also be great for powering through my backlog when it was too cold for sailing!
Questions for Nominees
I’m really bad at this, because my questions always wind up way too philosophical, but if you’d like to answer different questions than the ones above, here are some others!
- What fictional character would you want to grab coffee (or beverage of choice) with? Why?
- What do you think is the key to being happy?
- What story (video game or otherwise) makes you happy any time you play/read/watch/hear it?
- What flavor of ice cream is most like you?
Some other bloggers spread sunshine, too! I’m going to try very hard to resist naming everyone (insert self-control here).
- The Otaku Judge has some fantastic articles about games, movies, anime, and manga, and makes sure I don’t float away into my own thought bubbles, which is always much appreciated!
- The Well-Red Mage is your go-to source for sales, game reviews, and anime, and has a fabulous group of friends working with him that would make any RPG player jealous.
- The Nerd Critic always has good, thoughtful commentary on the industry and a down-to-earth take on gaming news
- Pixel Dump is another great stop for thoughts on the state of gaming, and I’m looking forward to watching more achievements be unlocked during the weekend run-throughs!
- Hundstrasse publishes in-depth analyses of the state of games and game-related topics, and although he claims to “mumble” is very articulate in his ideas
- James Dixon at Quickly Tap X offers great game and hardware reviews with a personal touch, and has a few guides available for surviving games and navigating purchasing consoles.
- Mt. Berry Yoshi at Game Introspection offers readers commentary on the psychological and sociological connections of game content/community/industry and the real world in a well crafted and thought-provoking manner.
There are so many more I’d love to nominate like Falcon509 from Falcon Reviews, Aether from Lost to the Aether, VeryVeryGaming, iplayedthegame, lewispackwood from A Most Agreeable Pastime, LightningEllen from Conquering the Gaming Backlog, and the Reckless Reporter from Game Cosmos Press, but I can’t possibly name everyone whose blogs brighten my day!
Who brings sunshine to your day? Let me know in the comments! And it doesn’t have to be a blogger 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
What’s next? You can like and subscribe if you like what you’ve seen!
You can also:
– Support us on Patreon, become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming, and access extra content!
– Say hello on Facebook, Twitter, and even Google+!
– Check out our Let’s Plays if you’re really adventurous!