We’re back with our “Let’s Talk About…” series! Check out the previous chats here.
Let’s Talk About…: Minecraft
I… have nothing to say about this.
I haven’t played this game, and, really, have no desire to; like Final Fantasy before it, there’s no good reason for this, other than really never being given a real reason to pick it up.
Aside from the fact that the game entails punching things to get resources to build other things, that can then be blown to smithereens by green, phallic-shaped creatures called Creepers, I know exactly four interesting tidbits about Minecraft.
- It has some really neat music.
- There is a let’s player names Kurt J. Mack who has been trying to walk to the end of the Minecraft world since 2011, and he has close to 400,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- There is apparently a story mode, and the ending to it was somewhat controversial because, to my uneducated eye, it confused people, and we all know what happens when a video game has an ambiguous ending…
- MatPat from GameTheory has an episode that explains why the dreaded Creepers are actually a real plant, and while I don’t know that much about botany, it was a very interesting listen.
Sorry, guys. I know this is a very popular game, but this is completely outside of my area of expertise. So I have to ask…
What are the top one or two things I should know about Minecraft? Is it worth picking up and playing? Do you play/have you played Minecraft? What did you think about it? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon,
What’s next? You can like, subscribe, and support if you like what you’ve seen!
– Support us on Patreon, become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming, and access extra content!
– Say hello on Facebook, Twitter, and even Google+!
– Check out our Let’s Plays if you’re really adventurous!