Well! A huge thank you to The Keeper from The Codex: Online for nominating us for this beautiful Sunshine Blogger Award!
As you may know, this award goes to bloggers who brighten folks’ days with their writings, and I know that for me, making someone’s day is probably the best thing someone could tell me about this little ol’ blog of mine.
Of course, there are rules:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
And without further ado…
- Favorite Game?
Dragon Age: Origins
- Favorite Show?
Um… maybe… “Westworld”? I don’t watch a whole lot of television.
- Now, in the spirit of crossovers: If you could mix your favorite game and favorite show into one super movie, then what would it be about and what would it be called?
BAHAHA It would be about darkspawn gaining sentience and trying to take over the human world, and the last remaining Grey Warden would have to fight alongside a ragtag band of companions to stem the tide of evil, and it would be called Dragon Age: Awakening
…yes, I know that’s not actually what that DLC is about. It was a joke.
- Hey now. You’re a rock-star! Get your show on, get paid! What instrument would you love to be a master at playing and what’s the name of your band?
This is unfair. I’m a violinist with two degrees in music, and while I’m not a fan of calling myself a “master” at playing anything… I’m pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. Definitely good enough to be a professional. Anyway… My band would probably be a string octet that does various “updated” classical pieces, or classical-ized game tunes, and we’d be called The 8-Bits.
- Do you prefer to go to bed early and wake up early, or go to bed late and wake up late?
Late and late.
- Dancing has been outlawed in your town and you are the Kevin Bacon that the people need! What dance move would you use to remind your town about the magic of the dance?
I can do a pretty mean merengue. Not to be confused with meringue, which I’m also pretty good at.
- You’ve been chosen as 1 of 100 qualified humans to embark on a mission to settle the planet Mars. When you arrive, you’re given the title to a piece of land upon which you could build either a bar or a coffee-shop. Which do you choose to build and why?
Coffee-shop. I’m much more inclined toward the atmosphere of a cozy coffe-shop than having to deal with a bunch of drunk people.
- Are you left or right handed?
I’m ambidextrous, but I tend to use my right hand more, and I write with my right 😉
- Favorite holiday?
I’m not sure I have one? Easter is up there because in so many different religions that time of year has a holiday that represents renewal; Christmas is great because I can see my nephews’ eyes light up in excitement; Thanksgiving is fun because I really, really like stuffing.
- Favorite sport?
Um… do the summer Olympic Games count? Maybe gymnastics, or swimming. I like watching fencing, and playing tennis…
- Does your favorite sport have a game equivalent (i.e. Soccer/Football and Fifa 2018) and do you play it?
Gymnastics: no. Swimming: probably not? Fencing, no. Tennis, yes on the Wii. Otherwise, I think there are a few Mario/Sonic Summer Games out there. At any rate, no I don’t play them. The only Olympic-themed game I’ve ever played was Winter Games on the NES.
I’m being lazy for this one. If you like the questions, you are welcome to write a post, as long as you come back and share the link in the comments!!
- If you were going to have a cup of coffee with your favorite video game character, what would he/she order?
- Has a video game ever warped your belief of what reality actually is? If not, would you want a game to do that?
- Are you a pinball fan/do you like playing pinball?
- Do you play the various prize-winning games at fairs/amusement parks, or are they a waste of money?
- Have you ever played a video game with a stranger in real life?
- What was the last game that made you pause and think, “Wow” at the end of it?
- Think about your favorite game. Is there anything about it you would change?
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- How’s the weather today?
- Do you use a spoon to eat spaghetti?
- You just won the lottery! To whom is the first phone call you make?
An enormous THANK YOU once again to The Keeper!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you like what you’ve read? Become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming and show your support for small creators and for video games as a serious, viable, and relevant medium!