If you’re reading this, it means I really did run out of time to do a proper post for my Wednesday feature this week and so didn’t un-schedule this “safety post,” but I didn’t forget about you! As much fun as I had talking non-stop about Mass Effect, it’s time to return to the game shelf (at least until I start talking about Mass Effect: Andromeda themes and things) and pick apart some other stories!
I have a few posts coming up that deal with some interesting topics, so if you’re just joining us and/or want to catch up before those start to drop, I’d recommend checking out:
- Spec Oops – we discuss what went right (cough), what went wrong, and why the game’s deep, thought-provoking “point” fell so flat.
- If You Want to Be Me, Be Me – I take a full can of worms and kick it over as hard as I can before talking about representation in games
- Morning After: The Good, Bad, and Ugly of the Game Awards 2016 – a comment on taking video games seriously enough to not shy away from treating them like any other entertainment medium
- And we’ll be jumping into some Dragon Age stuff again, so be sure to check out this review and this discussion so we’ll all be on the same page!
Or if you just want some light, fun reads about why video games are awesome:
- You can read up on why video games make us happy
- We also have a chat about music in video games and how it subtly creates an atmosphere for the player to experience
- Or you can read about why we care about NPCs, especially when they are unexpectedly kind to our playable character!
Or, you know, you can check out the posts that visitors still search for, so many months later:
At any rate, I hope you enjoy perusing some of the articles that don’t always show up on the sidebar of the site, and I’d love to hear your comments! The plan is to be up and running again next week, otherwise I may be entertaining you with a post about my undying love for Dragon Age: Origins (I’m just kidding).
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
Is your subscription to our blog not enough? Do you want more AmbiGaming? Of course you do! So you should definitely book us a face on our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @TheAmbiGamer and say hello! You can even find us on Google+ if that’s your thing, and if you’re really adventurous you could check out our Let’s Plays.