We are back with our chorus of bloggers, singing our own version of “12 Days of Christmas.” Instead of leaping lords and turtle doves, we’ll be giving you 364 great gaming and blogging gifts. Check out our previous days, too, if you’re just joining us!
And now, without further ado…
(To the tune of “12 Days of Christmas”):
On the fourth day of Blogmas, the gamers said to me:
My ever-growing to-play list, how I’ve tried hard not to neglect thee… Let me count the ways in which I’ve added to your number…
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – I never finished this game from my Year of the RPG, but it’s definitely on my list! It’s too good not to play, right?
- God of War 4 – I haven’t played the other God of War games, but this is another game that just got way too much attention for me to completely pass it by.
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War – I really enjoyed Shadow of War, and am curious to see where they took the lore after the first game, considering the implications of the Ring of Power and how Tolkien handles the theme of “power” in his stories.
- Jade Empire – What a surprise, an old BioWare game. I have no other explanation other than it was almost part of Year of the RPG but I cut it from the list due to not wanting to subject you all to Year of the BioWare Fangirl… yet, at least.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – I passively played this a bit during my medical leave this year, with my mom riding co-pilot, and… it was cool. I enjoyed the tour part a bit more, especially because it led to the two of us actively exploring the areas without having to curb our enthusiasm for ancient Egypt due to fighting.
- Life Is Strange – Unique dialogue aside, this is another game I’ve heard good things about. I also think that the idea of manipulating time to “fix” events – whether or not they actually do in the end – is a fascinating idea and game mechanic. I’d also be interested to see the way different choice play out, especially after seeing Until Dawn‘s butterfly effect.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – I have been so good about avoiding spoilers, but I think I’ll have to play this soon just so I can see what all the buzz was about when it was released… Maybe this year, instead of my annual Metal Gear Solid 2 playthrough, I’ll play this one instead. I’m also intrigued that it’s “V” and not “5,” so I’ll be paying careful attention for any meaning… It is a Metal Gear game, after all…
- Final Fantasy XIII and friends – I started this a while ago and stopped, mostly due to frustration with the combat mechanics. But I fell in love with the characters and have whole bunch of theories in my head about how it’s going to turn out so this is another game I just have to play, and soon.
- Blind Legend – A friend of mine tipped me off to this game, and I absolutely love the idea of it. It’s an RPG, except the character you play as is blind, so you must rely on other senses (for the player, this means your hearing) to navigate through the world. It just sounds too intriguing and interesting to pass by!
We all have one, so what’s on your to-play list? Has it grown hopelessly out of control, or do you just stick to a few games? Have you written your own list? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you like what you’ve read? Become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming and show your support for small creators and for video games as a serious, viable, and relevant medium!