We are back with our chorus of bloggers, singing our own version of “12 Days of Christmas.” Instead of leaping lords and turtle doves, we’ll be giving you 364 great gaming and blogging gifts. Check out our previous days, too, if you’re just joining us!
And now, without further ado…
(To the tune of “12 Days of Christmas”):
On the fifth day of Blogmas, the gamers said to me:
Love? Oh boy… I have quite a list, but I promise not to fangirl too much for this one…
- Leliana (Dragon Age series) – Yep, and I’m not even sorry.
- Samantha Traynor (Mass Effect 3) – Yep, the character I’d share a cheeky kiss with if given the chance and look up to as a role model is on this list, as well.
- Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid series) – What is there to say about Solid Snake? His ever-present confusion over Metal Gear (?!?!?) being behind the events of every game is endearing, and there is something about refusing to give up until your self-appointed purpose is done that is admirable. Plus, David Hayter gives him a great voice.
- Senua (Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice) – This was honestly a game I wasn’t anticipating quite as much as I did, and I sometimes think that such love of a game happens after a perfect union of events. First, it is a great game, and second, perhaps it resonated with me because of the time I played it. At any rate, Senua is a wonderful, multifaceted character, and her determination to continue on is incredibly admirable.
- Tali Zorah (Mass Effect series) – Another character I just love, and have talked about a lot before. But she’s just so nice, and smart, and I loved how she would run into battle with Rambo-like enthusiasm, even with her light armor. Oh, and I appreciate that she is afraid of spiders.
- Thane Krios (Mass Effect 2 and a bit of 3) – A character that I’ve sent all sorts of heart-eyes at (and told you about more than once, I’m afraid), Thane is another character I just felt a connection with. I love zen-like nature, despite his profession, and I still would love to sit down and have a theological discussion over coffee with him.
- Morrigan (Dragon Age series) – ‘Tis the surprise of nobody, indeed, that another Dragon Age character is here, I believe? But seriously, Morrigan is great; I know she is supposed to be “untrustworthy” and it seems like most people like her due to her physical appearance, but I love the duality she brings when she has a good relationship/is in a romance with the Warden, and yet is still trying to twist cogs and pull stings behind the scenes to get her way. And I love her transformation between Origins and Inquisition.
- Fang (Final Fantasy XIII series) – And here’s a character from a game I haven’t played in its entirety yet. But man, I absolutely loved Fang when I met her. I loved her snark, I loved that she read Lightning like a book, and… Well there was this one moment when there were all these disembodied voices talking, and I said to the screen, “Fang, care to translate?” Of course, she did. So, I get the feeling that there is more to her than meets the eye. One day, one day….
I could go on and on, for sure, but who are eight of characters that you love? What makes them stand out above all the rest? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you like what you’ve read? Become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming and show your support for small creators and for video games as a serious, viable, and relevant medium!