We are back with our chorus of bloggers, singing our own version of “12 Days of Christmas.” Instead of leaping lords and turtle doves, we’ll be giving you 364 great gaming and blogging gifts. Check out our previous days, too, if you’re just joining us!
And now, without further ado…
(To the tune of “12 Days of Christmas”):
On the seventh day of Blogmas, the gamers said to me:
Resolutions?? Yep, I have a few of those, especially when it comes to gaming and blogging:
- Fall in love with gaming again – 2018 was a rough year in regards to my physical and mental health, and if it weren’t for a feeling of responsibility to Year of the RPG, I would have not played any games. In 2019 I’m looking forward to moving past the obligation or “just to get by” gaming and let myself love games again.
- Reach AmbiGaming’s third blogoversary – I told myself at the three year mark I’d have my life enough in order to really make a realistic vision for AmbiGaming, so I’m looking forward to that mark.
- Play one game on my backlog – Exactly what it sounds like. There are a bunch of games I want to revisit, so I figure if I make room for at least one new game, that will at least feel like “progress” on that monstrously-long document…
- Revisit a few hot-button issues I put on the back burner – Like I said, 2018 was a rough year, and I didn’t have the emotional bandwidth to go back to issues like representation and power fantasies, or take on researching the benefits of role-playing. If I can get to two of these “hot button” articles I have been meaning to write, I’ll be happy.
- Not feel guilty – Man, that’s a big one, isn’t it? This isn’t a full-time job, and unlike some other WordPress blogs that have a slew of people writing for them, this is, for the most part, a one-woman gig. I can’t compete with sites that churn our articles every day, and it’s not in my wheelhouse to write snappy, easy-to-read posts. And that’s okay.
- Play Dragon Age: Origins again – Just because I can.
I think that’s a doable list, don’t you?
What are your gaming/blogging resolutions for next year? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for stopping by, and I’ll see you soon!
Do you like what you’ve read? Become a revered Aegis of AmbiGaming and show your support for small creators and for video games as a serious, viable, and relevant medium!